Firefighters were called to Meadowlark Hills Thursday evening in response to a small fire.
The Manhattan Fire Department says crews were called out, just after 9 p.m. to a residence in the Lyle House, where a small fire  was quickly extinguished. Crews then ventilated the building to remove all smoke.
Nursing staff evacuated residents prior to firefighters arriving on scene, with Riley County EMS treating a staff member and evaluating a resident for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire was listed as accidental, due to a blanked being placed over a lamp.
Damage was estimated at around $7,000, to the structure and contents.
Lyle House is a skilled nursing household, located in Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community.