Photo courtesy Ryan Almes/Manhattan Fire Department

The Manhattan Fire Department says an early Saturday morning fire caused extensive damage to a home in west Manhattan.

Firefighters were dispatched just before 5:30 a.m. Saturday to 120 South Wreath Ave. for a report of the smell of smoke and a carbon monoxide detector going off. Crews found a smoldering fire in an attached garage of a 2-story single-family home. Crews ensured the fire was out and ventilated the structure.

The occupants were home at the time, but sustained no injuries. The cause was determined to be accidental due to an aquarium heater in the garage.

The fire department estimates about $85,000 in damage to the contents of the building and another $3,000 in structural damage.

The owners are listed as David and Kristen Dreiling of the same address

The post Weekend fire damages West Manhattan home appeared first on News Radio KMAN.