The Riley County Health Department on Wednesday confirmed 42 new cases of coronavirus since Monday.
The total number of active cases is 267, with 1,582 recovered and eight deaths, for a total of 1,857 since the pandemic first presented locally in March. Statistics show 78.5 percent of the total cases since March have involved residents aged 18 to 24. Females have accounted for 52 percent of total cases while males have made up the other 48 percent. Males have accounted for seven of the eight total deaths.
Officials noted Wednesday that Ascension Via Christi was caring for three COVID positive patients.
The health department also noted there are currently 17 active COVID-19 outbreaks countywide. They are listed in the chart below.
The percent positive rate, released Tuesday, showed Riley County was at 9.6 percent for the week of Sept. 20, hitting its lowest rate since early August.
Free drive-up nasal swab COVID testing takes place Thursday from 7 to 10 a.m. at Manhattan City Park and from 5 to 7 p.m. at 401 West Chase Street in Leonardville. The health department is also providing drive up flu shots by appointment in its parking lot. To make an appointment call 785-776-4779 ext. 7675 or schedule an appointment online at http://www.rileycountyks.gov/
Pottawatomie County has 273 total cases, 39 of which are active and 234 listed as recovered. The county says two residents are also hospitalized.
The post Riley County reports 42 new COVID cases; 17 active outbreaks appeared first on News Radio KMAN.