A 96-year-old man wanted a slice of his favorite German apple ring cake from his local supermarket on his birthday.
But what the New Yorker got instead was a severe case of diarrhea after allegedly biting into a dead rat.
The man’s nephew said his uncle complained about the taste after downing one spoonful of the store-baked cake.
He said he noticed what looked like a line of black mold and when they flipped it over, it seemed to be a rat’s tail.
That’s when they saw the rodent’s five-inch-long tail still attached to its hindquarters ‘bleeding into the cake’.
The nephew contacted an attorney who plans to turn the cake over to state officials for testing, while they consider whether or not to file a lawsuit.
Meanwhile, a rep for the store says that they have no known rodent issues and they are conducting an ‘internal investigation’.